Fremont, CA: A 90-minute webinar is being organized by Compliance4All, a leading provider of professional training for the areas of regulatory compliance, on January 24. The learning gained at this webinar will be on the best ways and ideas for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The speaker at this webinar is Derk Yntema, who is a highly experienced ICT, security management and Regulatory Affairs professional.
Please visit https://www.compliance4all.com/control/w_product/~product_id=502310LIVE to enroll for this webinar.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a quintessential regulatory law regarding the protection of data of people in the European Union (EU). Formally coded as Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the GDPR has two primary purposes:
- Empowering citizens and residents of the EU by placing the control of personal data in their own hands
- Enhancing the ease of doing global business within the EU by greasing the regulatory process and environment, the core part of which is the standardization and unification of data protection regulations across all the countries of the EU.
The Council of the European Union and the European Commission, institutions of the European Parliament, have created the GDPR regulation to unite and strengthen all areas of data protection for all individuals within the European Union (EU). These bodies also have the export of personal data to regions outside the EU within their purview.
One of the core parts of the GDPR is its requirement, from companies that process Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of European citizens, to have complete knowledge of all PII processing going on in their business. Companies should implement appropriate organizational and technical controls after a Data Protection Officer (DPO) assesses them.
It goes without saying that compliance with the GDPR is a prerequisite for companies that want to do business in the EU. This can come about only when they have a total and clear understanding of the law. In imparting this learning, this webinar will offer the best ways and ideas for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Benefits of compliance
The benefits that companies gain by implementing the GDPR are multifold:
- They get a thorough understanding of how to process Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- The GDPR enhances and harmonizes security controls across the 27 EU members
- As a result, customer confidence soars, as customers are confident that the tougher rules protect and safeguard their data
- Implementing GDPR makes doing business in the EU much less complicated.
Inestimable costs of non-implementation
When companies fail to implement the relevant provisions of the GDPR properly, they face a slew of complications. The EU fixes exorbitant costs on companies that fail to implement the requirements:
- Companies that violate the provisions of the GDPR may have to cough up close to two percent of the total worldwide revenues
- They could end up having to pay fines that could go up to € 20 million
- They could face cumbersome and time-consuming legal action
- Companies that violate the provisions of the GDPR earn a very bad reputation in the market.
The aim of this webinar is to help participating companies understand the letter and spirit of these laws so that they stay compliant and do not land on the wrong side of the law. The expert will show the best ways and ideas for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the prescribed manner so that the participating organizations derive the many benefits of this law and avoid the negatives of non-implementation.
During this 90-minute session, Yntema will cover the following areas:
- What is Privacy?
- How to Protect Privacy
- What is PII
- What is in the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- How to Comply.
This session will be of extremely high value to core personnel involved in the implementation of this legislation, such as Board of Directors, Supervisory Board, CxO’s, and Compliance Managers/Officers.
About the speaker:
With more than 15 years of experience in ICT- and security-management, Derk Yntema brings demonstrated capacity to implement innovative security programs that drive awareness towards information security and strengthen organizations. He has proven knowledge of privacy legislation and in helping companies implement privacy compliance requirements.